Well before I will have any proper dust collection wanted to close the box as its dusty as hell when cutting MDF. Designed and 3D printer some brackets but decided to just change the legs to longer ones.
I’ve cut some grooves with manual router to allow to polycarbonate greenhouse sheets to slide in.
Top is not finished yet, but just laying down 2 sheets did the job for now.
Top will have some more 2×4’s and in the middle will attach dust collector hose in later stages.
Be cause my table have 2 shelfs under MPCNC work area I didn’t want any chips and dust falling down. Got some leftover polycarbonate greenhouse sheets from making 3D printer enclosure that were used here.
Screwed them down in place with you guessed it – screws and sealed with some awful smelling silicone.
Aim for MPCNC was to have 666x666mm working space. In practice there’s less to work with. Below dimensions for machine:
For table went with 42″x42″ and 45″ height so that I can fit 3D printer case that I build earlier and have one shelf for some CNC bits.
2×4’s that I used were scraps that were sitting on top of the roof for some time now, I was not concerned with first table. Was pretty sure that it wont be perfect the first time. Wanted to make it quick, make mistakes, learn and then iterate.
Following they some one trow away plywood pallet, did not hesitated to grab it and start making shelf out of it strait away.
Thanks to that fortunate find, and unfortunate life of a pallet I was able to place Ender 3 case on newly screwed still bit wet shelfs.
Pretty happy with the table for now. Of course it is not over…
I am in process of building MPCNC 25mm version. Work dimensions are 666x666x80mm. I decided to use dual end stops for X and Y. After the experience with CR10S5 and its dual motors for Z axis and having to check and align both motors manually there was no other option that to use dual end stops to avoid all the hassle
It is first post on this website and lot of work has not been documented here so I will be back posting previous steps from build log later on.
Currently printed mounts for end stops so that they can be mounted on conduit pipes instead of belts.
I preferred to have them fixed and independent of belt tension.
Mounts were not suited to end stops that I have so some drilling was required.
Later on will probably change end stops to something more robust and then probably will model some specialised mounts for these.
I have not used 2nd end stops offset in software, for now just aligned them with callipers.
Next step is to mount drag chain. I have already printed MPCNC Drag Chain System as it was similar to what I wanted to model.
Only difference is that my idea was to use opposite axis, but just to progress build I am fine with sticking to this design for now. I will revise later on. First is good to build upon ready to mount design and focus on whole machine.
After that I should be ready to mount marker / pen and try to draw some basic shapes.